I used a paintbrush to paint on several layers of blue and purple finish. The glaze dried almost immediately and had a rough texture. After the pot was fired, the glaze-ware gained a smooth, glossy surface.
I find that the carved designs on the outside of the pot to be successful. Originally, I was afraid I may have not carved deep enough and the lines would not be noticeable, but I'm satisfied with the results.
I would change how I glazed the pot. I was trying to make the carvings a different color than the rest of the pot but it hardly shows through. I also want to remake the top because it does not fit very well.